The Sim Secret

I've been blogging here for a long time but when I decided to start up a blog dedicated to my Sims I opened up a totally new account apart from my other blogs.
And the reason for that is very simple -
I don't want certain people to know how addicted I am to playing Sims.





It's getting tougher and tougher to find a forum totally dedicated to TS2.
Seems everyone is still caught up in the TS3 experience, (which I will never, ever play that version). Those of us that are deeply devoted to their TS2 Sims have fewer and fewer "peers" to share with. I'm on a message board now, (been there for over 2 years), that is suffering from acute TS2 apathy and disenchantment.
In other words, it's experiencing a sad, slow death and it's really hard for me to witness that.

In our off-line, off-game world there aren't many people for us to share our TS2 enthusiasm with, (at least not for me).
Last person I met that was as addicted to Sims as I am was engrossed in TS3 and couldn't understand why I hadn't moved forward and immersed myself into the world of Sims 3. He had no interest to share TS2 stories and being I loathe TS3, we had nothing to talk about.

I know for males they hide their love of Simming even more.
Guess they're afraid folks might think they're too girlie and/or even gay for playing Sims. My son's all played, (for a bit), but the novelty wore off for them rather quickly. One of my son's passion for the game evolved entirely around "building" and creating his own personal Eden, (hood). When it came to the Sims themselves he preferred them to be rather hideous looking, but filthy rich, and didn't care much about the quality of their lives, (outside of having everything their heart desired).

To me, The Sims are quite phenomenonal.
For me to get so wrapped up in a computer game is quite remarkable.
I've never been into any kind of video or computer games so this is an aspect of me that presented itself as quite the surprise. I did LOVE playing with my Barbies when I was little girl so no doubt my love for The Sims is a carry-over from that.

I ask just about every Simmer I meet if they talk to their family and friends about their Sims much and most tell me they don't.
I'm the same way.
My family and friends know I enjoy the game but by no means are they aware of the hours and hours I play or the amount of thought and creative ambition I put into my Sims.
Nor do they have a clue in regard to my emotional attachment to them.
There are times I really wish I could chat about my Sims with the people in my life but I just don't think they'd accept it as being "healthy" and would most likley accuse me of shunning the outside, "real" world for a make-believe world.
And to an extent, that's very true.

I'm no kid. 
I've been around for awhile, (have grandchildren), and know perfectly well, in an up close and personal way, how the "real world" rolls.
No, I'm not hiding from reality, I'm taking a break from it when I Sim.
I do know the difference between the two and also know that when I close out my game every night that all that "real world" stuff still needs tending to and it does get taken care of.
I just don't sit in front of the boob tube or text from my cell phone for hours on end.
From my point of view, Simming is productive.
Productive in a "get those creative juices flowing" kind of way.

I'm also a writer so it all fits together quite well.