*The End*


Well, it's over.
Done.
Finished.
Never to be again.
Ever.


I'm talking about my hopes that there will be a new Sims game that will 
enchant and entertain me the same way Sims 2 does.
 The more I find out about Sims 4. the more I realize that Sims 2 is a 
one of a kind experience, (with the exception of the first Sims). 

When it was announced, (way back when), that they were
 coming out with Sims 3 I was sooooooo excited!
 It never, (in my wildest dreams), occured to me that they would 
totally abandon the Sims in TS2 in favor of 
the hideous creatures they had the audacity  to call "Sims" in TS3.
 I took one look at them and died inside.
To this day I just can't fathom how they could replace my
 beloved TS2 Sims  with those outrageous pudding pops.
 And turning the game into nothing more than one big quest-fest was also
 a huge let down. I decided from my first look at the game that 
I would never play it, (and I never have or will).



Then came the announcement that Sims 4 was on the horizon.
Didn't impress me much, not after what they did to TS3, but I'll be honest,
 I was a tad bit curious as to what they would create for us Sim fans. 
When I heard that they wanted to return to the heart and soul of the Sims
that really got my attention and I started reading the updates
 and even posting about it at a few sites.
Were they really returning to everything I love so much in Sims 2?
OMG!
 It would be a dream come true if they did
 and I actually became a little optimistic about it all.
 But it didn't take long for my optimism to wane.
 The more I saw of what they were doing with TS4, the more my heart fell. 


Sims 4 has been out for awhile now and I admit, the Sims 
look a LOT better than the ones in Sims 3.
But other than that, it's just another edition of the Sims that was created 
without the heart and soul of what The Sims was initially created to be.

It's become nothing more than a Saturday morning cartoons video game.


My main complaint -
 they didn't include the genetics.
The Sims are nothing more than walking, talking cartoons without their  
genetics/family trees and as far as I'm concerned, they shouldn't even call the
game, The Sims anymore - it's more like The Scams.



Seems TS 4 is being enjoyed by a lot more TS 2 gamers 
than when TS 3 arrived on the scene.
I admit, the graphics are cool and I imagine it's real refreshing to 
have a brand new, shiny sandbox to play in, 
even it there aren't many toys/tools to use one's imagination with.
Story-telling is now a thing of the past, at least in the eyes of EA it is.
Us Simmers will always have the ability to create our own stories
but I find it incredibly sad that EA doesn't value that aspect of the game.


Sims and Sims 2 was handed over to us with the desire to see what 
we could create, whereas Sims 3 and 4 was shoved at us with the desire for 
us to follow along with what EA is able to create.

It's like going to an art class and having to sit in your seat the whole time
and only be allowed to watch what the teacher decides to create.
 And then when the opportunity does arise for some hands on creativity, 
you're only allowed to do a paint-by-number and never given 
the chance to entertain your own unique, creative muse.

The Sims has been transformed into nothing more than a connect the dots
video game that's marketed towards the short attention spans of 
tweens/teens that have parents with fat bank accounts and who are 
willing to buy any and all EP's and SP's that come along to keep their kid happy.

At this point it doesn't matter that I really hate the hair in Sims 4
or that I think they all walk around like a bunch of monkeys.
It doesn't matter that I think it's a much better version of The Sims
than Sims 3 was and it doesn't matter that EA has decided to turn our beloved
Sims' hoods into nothing more than "Toon Town".

The Sims that I love and cherish are a part of the past, never to be again.

Yep,.,...




Music Selection For This Post
My Prerogative By Bobby Brown